The beauty of wigs and weaves is that they allow us to completely change our looks without the pressure of having to commit to said looks for longer than we’d like to. When you buy human hair weaves and wigs, do you know the difference between weave and wig? Which hair is best for you. Now, we will talk about human hair weave and wigs and help you to choose the best one to suit you.
You might be perceiving wig and weave the same, but certain features differentiate both from each other. So a human hair weave is hair extension extracted from human hair, or sometimes natural hair. These hair extensions can be easily fixed or attached into your hair by either gluing them in your hair, sewing or clipping.
What Is Hair Wig?
wigs are basically made from human or artificial hair prices and woven together in a particular hairstyle. There are different sizes, shapes, textures, and styles of wigs available.
Surprisingly, there are even different types of wigs. Some are made from natural, human hair, and some use artificial hair-like fibers. We have u part wig, headband wig, short bob wig, half wig, 4×4 lace closure wig, 13×4 lace frontal wig, PU silk lace wig, glueless cap wig, and so on, they are all 100% human hair wigs for your choice.
A great hairstyle is the best accessoryElmBeauty
Hair Weave VS Wig: What are The Similarities?
- Both of these are hair extensions. Both hair weave and hair wigs allow you to change your hairstyle without having to cut down the hair. They both can protect people’s own scalp.
- All the two human hair is directly collected from people’s heads, 100% Remy, hair head to and hair ends are parted, with the original cuticle, natural luster, without shedding and tangle.
- With proper care, both lifespans are long.
Hair Weave VS Wig: What are The Difference?
- Wigs are ideal for covering baldness and can help you get a natural look. They include the entire surface area of your head.
- Weaves, on the other hand, are not useful to deal with baldness. To add a weave to your head, you need to have at least some natural hair. These weave hair can be only added upon sewing, gluing, or clipping them to your natural hair.
Ease of usage
- Both wigs and weaves can be difficult to install at first. Successfully wearing a wig can be an intimidating task for the first time. It involves a lot of steps that need to be followed carefully.
- On the other hand, a weave can be easily added to your natural hair with the help of some glue or sewing thread and needle.
We are sure you confusions about wigs and weave have been almost cleared out. But to take a deeper dive let’s discuss the difference between the installation process between the two. As the purpose of a wig and weave is different, therefore their installation process is also done differently.
Installation Process of Wig:
To install a wig you need to tie your hair into a bun. Apply lace wig adhesive around your hairline and the perimeter of hair. Wear the wig and stick it firmly to the adhesive. Or you may secure it using the clips if the wig is glue-free.
Installation Process of Weave:
There are normally 3 types of weave extension installation process. These processes are:
- The Sew-in weaves
- Glue Weave
- Clip-in weave extensions
These installation processes depend on the type of hair as well. And that is why their cost greatly varies.
The decision on whether to choose a wig or a weave depends on your preferences and condition. Weaves hair can achieve your hair length, volume, longevity, and realistic look. Wigs are much better for conditions like hair loss, thin or damaged hair.
If you are the person who likes to change your hairstyles every so often, wigs are the best. The hair is inexpensive and it will easily blend with your hair. If you will remember to take care of your natural hair then your hair will be rich underneath the wig.
In the end, we leave it to your fine judgment. This is because both hair weaves and wigs go will under specific situations. They are suitable for different users. Hence, the choice of choosing a wig or hair weaves will be made by a particular user depending upon his/her needs and requirement.